Welcome to My World


September 18, 2015

Horseback Riding in Autumn


A hunter pace rider enjoying herself in Connecticut
A rider enjoying the day.
by Toni Leland

A sharp edge to the air, the soft thump of hooves on pine needles. What could be more invigorating than trotting through the forest or cantering over a rolling countryside in the fall? Organized for exactly that experience, hunter paces and turkey trots are the darlings of avid horse folk everywhere, but especially here in Connecticut...

A pretty chestnut mare looks out of the horse trailer
Pretty chestnut, just waiting...
One of the great things about writing for Connecticut Horse magazine is that I can write about what I love. Horses have been my passion since I was a little girl, and to now be able to share that love with others is amazing.

Enjoy my article about hunter paces and turkey trots, a piece beautifully designed by the magazine for your reading pleasure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment